Monday, October 25, 2010

Introduction

    Hi. I'm JMW (those of you accessing this through my Facebook page, I know my identity is no mystery to you). I'm unemployed. I've been this way since September 1st, 2010. Finding a job has been much more difficult that I thought. Not that I had a choice; I was laid off (essentially a corporate takeover).  After about 2 months of applying for about a hundred jobs and getting rejected or not even acknowledged (I have an undergrad degree from an Ivy League school and a graduate degree from a top tier school in Boston - WTF?), I figure I'll put my energies into writing a blog about it and the things I've been doing to make money. I may as well help others who are unemployed (currently 9.6% of Americans) and those that are employed who want to earn a little extra cash, get some great things for free and find some awesome deals. That's something I've always been good at (well, ever since the internet came to my house in 1995 - good old AOL with my 14.4K modem).  I've been earning free stuff since I was 13 years old.  You can too with a little time and effort. 

UPDATE: As of December 6th, I'm no longer unemployed!  I will keep up with this blog but I may be a little slower on updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment